Sunday, August 5, 2012

SUN, AUG 5, 2012, LEGS

Today I went to the gym with the mind set that I was going to do 3 sets (working sets that is)- 1 set of squats, 1 set of leg presses and 1 set of leg curls all to total muscular failure.
I warmed my legs a little with 5 minutes walking on the treadmill, then a very light set of leg extensions and leg curls with thorough stretching. Then for squats I did 3 warm up sets with 95lb, 135, and 225. Then one very focussed intense set with 315lb for 25 reps and a fail. Next for leg presses I did 1 feel set with 540lb and one very focussed failure set of 860lb for 9 reps. And I finished up with leg curls one feel set with 75lb and one failure set with 120lb for 12reps plus 2 rest pause sets of 2 reps.
It was a killer pump! My heart rate was through the roof. After the squats I could not see straight for about 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job. Do you find that the higher rep range works for you?

    ReplyDelete