Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tue., Nov. 27, 2012, Back/ Calves

Today I did calves and back. It was a great workout. I kept the sets close together, and really focussed on the mind-muscle connection- squeezing and flexing the muscles. I started with calves and only did one exercise, because I will do a 2nd calf workout this week. I did 8 sets of standing calf raises on a straight Smith machine going up in weight on each set. Then I super-setted hyper-extensions and crunches just pumping blood in the abs and lower back. For the lats: I warmed up with 3 sets of pulldowns then did 4 sets of wide grip pull-ups; 2 sets of free-motion pulldowns; 2 sets of high, wide grip seated rows with a straight bar; and finished with 3 sets of bent-over barbell rows. The pump was great. I ended the workout with 20 minutes on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment